IMPORTANT Re-Opened Announcement
We are thrilled to announce that we will re-opened a scaled down version of our Thrift Store in a “temporary upstairs” location until we have full clearance, based on United Church Regional and Worksafe protocals. We will continue to accept donations placed in the outside shed at the back of the Church during designated hours.
During our temporary closure, we were preparing for our eventual full reopening. We want to make sure each volunteer, visitor and donor feel safe in every interaction they have with us, so we have taken extra precautions in accordance with health and safety guidelines to help ensure the well-being of our communities, volunteers and shoppers. Our priority is the safety, health, and well-being of our dedicated volunteers, guests and donors, and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back as we safely work through required safety steps for full re-opening.
As reopening plans continue, please stay up to date on our Thrift store reopening plans by liking our Cellar Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/cranbroookcellar or phone the Cellar at (250)489-3961
Here is what we are doing to keep you safe while shopping and donating in the months ahead:
• Using a single point of entry and exit and limiting the number of people allowed in the store at one time
• Wiping down pin pads after each use
• Closing all fitting rooms and washrooms
• Regular and ongoing sanitization of the temprary traffic areas.
• Ensuring use of proper personal protective equipment (PPE) by all volunteers and staff
• Using plexiglass barriers at checkout
• Setting up displays to ensure proper spacing for physical distancing
• Following a strict quarantine protocol for all donated items
Here is what we ask from you while you enjoy your shopping experience:
• Follow physical distancing measures, including the use of floor stickers to help guide you through the store
• Use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting the store
• Wearing masks is recommended
• As the changing room is closed, please refrain from trying on any clothing while you are browsing, and limit touching of all items as much as possible
• Pack your own reusable bags if desired
• Use the tap function on your debit or credit card to limit contact as much as possible while at checkout
• Don’t shop if you are feeling unwell or someone in your household has COVID-19
Thank you for your ongoing support – we can’t wait to see you as we take this first step
in returning to the full opening of the Cellar in it’s regular location.
For more information about how your donations help, please click here. (https://cranbrookunited.ca/the-cellar-thrift-shop/) Together, we can help our communities rebound from the effects of COVID-19 and rebuild stronger than before.
Name: Patricia Ridler
The Cellar Thrift Store (Women’s Ministry)
The Cranbrook United Church of Canada
July 15th 2020
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10:00-2:00pm
Be kind, Calm and stay Safe!
New items arrive all the time… Come again, and again…
We are wonderfully staffed by a team of 30 volunteers.
We welcome new volunteers at any time and ask that they contact the Thrift Shop at 250 489 3961. Please leave your name and number and a time we may call back. We will contact you to make arrangements for you to meet our Cellar Committee.